9/24/08

Festival in the Park!

This past weekend we stumbled upon a local event that is practically in our own backyard! Unbeknownst to us, this has been an annual event since 1964! I read about it in the paper and because it highlighted art I decided we would venture out for some fun! You can read more about it here: http://www.festivalinthepark.org/
We got there when it opened at 10am and the day was just perfect. It started out as a breezy, cool, clear morning but it warmed up nicely. It was just great to be out in less than 80 degree/non-humid weather and we were happy with that alone.
Then, I stumbled upon the ultimate treasure!!! I found an artist that did Japanese art and I am trying to commission him to do a few pieces for us. I've been trying to find the "perfect" art for our bedroom and I think this could be it - simple and completely perfect! I could have went home satisfied right then and there but I'm glad we stayed!
We had a blast stuffing our faces with chicken on a stick, funnel cake, fresh lemonade, the best kettle corn ever and greasy french fried chips! The girls rode rides and enjoyed the sites. By 2pm the park was so crowed and everyone was exhausted. We had so much fun that we plan to go every year!

Below are some pictures....

Bubbles!



Face painting!



More face painting!



Look, Jada is a Princess!



Roller coaster YAY!



Big, huge Slide!



This is GREAT!



Weeeeeeeeeeeee!



Look at Jada go!






Janea is struggling...Jada took off!



Jada is the WINNER!



YES! We love this ride!



We still love this ride....we think...

It's NOT fun anymore! STOP THE RIDE!





Jen & Jada switched places. Jen had so much fun!


Jen survived the Flying Dragon!



My poor exhausted girls!





















Ooops! We forgot sunscreen and got sunburned! Poor Jula!


2 comments:

Amber said...

LMAO at you and the flying dragon!!!!

Kimberly said...

I WMP at the flying dragon pic!! What a fun day. You guys always have fun together!!!